(from the MPI website):
MPI Architects began in the 1930s when Malcolm McCune AIA moved from Kansas to practice architecture in Tulsa, Okla. By the 1940s, McCune’s two sons, Murray and Gordon had joined their father and McCune, McCune and McCune, an architectural and engineering firm, had established itself as a leader in residential and commercial design throughout Oklahoma.
In the mid 1950s, the McCune brothers left their father’s firm to begin their own practice, McCune McCune and Associates. The firm focused on design of commercial and educational facilities and development of commercial and industrial projects.
Tragically, Murray McCune died in 1977. The firm reorganized and with three new principals, Jon Crowdus, David Kindred and Randall Bauer, MPI Architects was formed.
MPI Architects grew to nearly 100 employees and expanded with the addition of a satellite office in Dallas. By 1986, the Dallas office had become an independent entity and its staff assumed complete ownership of MPI Architects. The founding principals of MPI Architects were Randall Bauer, Davis McCune, David Marsee and Dennis DeLisse. In 2013, David Marsee retired from full time practice and now serves as a consultant to MPI. Today, MPI Architects continues its tradition of excellence as a leader in architecture, planning and interior design.
McCune & McCune, 1920s
McCune, McCune and McCune, 1950-mid 1950s
McCune McCune & Associates
Projects in OK:
Utica Square, Tulsa
B.W. Vinson House, Tulsa
Sheridan Village Shopping Center, Tulsa
Shell Oil Company, Tulsa
First National Autobank (now the Vault), Tulsa
Petroleum Club, Tulsa
OU College of Dentistry, Norman