Designed by Boller & Lusk
19 N. Robinson, OKC
The Cooper Foundation Theaters bought the old Liberty Theater, which was constructed in 1915, in the late 1940s. Here’s a photo of the original facade:
Immediately, the company hired Boller & Lusk to redesign and modernize the grand building, which included creating a gloriously mod new facade and lobby area:
The newly renamed Harber opened to great acclaim in 1951:
Interiors were designed by Hanns Teichert:
Here’s a photo of “Johnny Guitar” playing at the Harber circa 1954:
When Cinerama equipment was installed that same year, the theater was renamed the Cooper.
Here’s another shot of the theater in the 1960s:
In 1975, the still-profitable Cooper closed, another victim of Urban Renewal.