Max Chambers Library (original building)

max chambers library communications bldg uco

Original architect unknown, renovation by Nusbaum & Thomas
1956, 1969
University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) campus, Edmond

Named after the university’s long-standing president, the Max Chambers Library on the UCO campus cost $457,000 to build and opened in 1956.  Over the next decade, the school outgrew the two-story structure and erected a larger library in 1968.  The older library underwent a large renovation, designed by Nusbaum & Thomas, and became the Communications Building.  It still functions in that capacity and houses the journalism, photography, and advertising departments.

(Vintage photos courtesy of the UCO archives)

 

Click here to go back to previous page