Designed by Henry L. Kamphoefner
One of Oklahoma’s earliest examples of residential modernism sits at the back of a wooded lot near the OU campus and was designed by then acting chairman of the School of Architecture, Henry L. Kamphoefner. The one-bedroom, L-shaped house was built with plenty of redwood siding, flagstone, and large windows to take full advantage of its siting on the lot. It was a marvel on the prairie when it was built, so much so that even Frank Lloyd Wright, who was Kamphoefner’s guest during a visit in 1946, praised the design in a newspaper article.
The home was featured in a 1944 issue Pencil Points magazine: