NW 13th and N. Harvey
This streamlined beauty was originally home to the Walter E. Allen Chrysler showroom and service shop. The state-of-the-art operation featured several innovations, including a ventilation system that that removed engine exhaust gases from the work area and hydraulic lifts to hoist cars in the air for easier maintenance:
The dealership went bankrupt in 1955 and the building was divided in two, with one side remaining a mechanic’s shop and the other ultimately becoming home to an equipment rental company. Now, the maintenance portion of the building has been redeveloped as the Monterey, and the showroom is for sale and is awaiting similar development.
(Photos courtesy of the Oklahoma History Center)