Bignell & Fischer

Bio:

Bignell Fischer was established in 1958 by two OSU grads, James Edward Bignall and John Frederick Fischer.  Both men served in the Armed Forces — Bignell in the Navy and Fischer in the Army — during World War II and received their degrees upon their return to Oklahoma.  Fischer worked for Parr & Aderhold before setting up practice with Bignell.  Fischer died in 1982 at the age of 63 and Bignell followed in 2011 at the age of 90 (the photo above is from his obituary).

Firms:

Bignell & Fischer

Projects in OK:

Hirschi House, OKC (by Bignell before the firm was formed)
Christ the King Catholic Church, OKC
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Clinton
St. Louis Catholic Church, Stroud
Oil Center, OKC
Comanche County Courthouse, Lawton

Mod Blog Features:

On the Market: A Dreamy ’50s Delight in Thompson’s Woodland