Places to Stay
Most events for the Oklahoma Modernism Weekend will take place in the central part of town just a few short miles from the Downtown/Bricktown/Midtown core. These are some of the places we recommend to stay:
- The Skirvin is a historic four-star hotel in the heart of downtown. It is located just blocks from Bricktown, the Myriad Gardens, and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. If you stay here, you definitely want to have a drink (or two or 10) at lobby bar, Red Piano.
- The Colcord (pictured above) is an historic downtown office building that was converted into a boutique hotel in the early 2000s. It is located directly across the street from the Myriad Gardens and boasts one of downtown’s best eateries, Flint.
- One of OKC’s newest and most mod hotels is Aloft, located on the outskirts of downtown and just across the street from the hopping and historic Deep Deuce neighborhood. The hotel is also within easy walking distance to scores of restaurants and shops in Bricktown.
- A more affordable downtown option is the Sheraton Hotel, which is just down the block from the Skirvin. It doesn’t have the history or cache of either the Skirvin or Colcord, but it’s a nice hotel at a reasonable price.
- If you want to stay in the heart of Bricktown, Hampton Inn and Suites is a good bet and it also has an indoor pool if you want to have a swim before a day of mid-century modern fun.
- Another centrally located hotel is the Ambassador in the heart of Midtown. The hotel’s penthouse-level O Bar provides spectacular views of nearby downtown, and it is within a few blocks of Automobile Alley, one of OKC’s most fun shopping and dining areas.
- If you like art with your lodgings, you will definitely want to check out 21c in the Film Row district. The combination boutique hotel and modern art gallery is located in the old Fred Jones assembly plant and is also home to Mary Eddy’s Kitchen and Lounge.
- If you want to get out of the downtown area, another four-star hotel is the newly renovated Waterford Hotel in Nichols Hills.
- Another affordable, out-of-downtown hotel we recommend is the Crowne Plaza, which is located in the near suburbs and close to both Penn Square Mall and shopping along Western Avenue.
- There are also many centrally located and affordable vacation options on Airbnb.