Salvation Army Offices

Designed by Hudgins, Thompson & Ball
1950
SW 5th and Hudson, OKC

DSC_3234_1_2

DSC_6236_1

For over 60 years, this building served a variety of functions for the Salvation Army, including housing executive offices, a Citadel, and a family recreation and services center.  Even though the building was still in excellent condition, designers for the new downtown park decided it had to go … and so it did.

UPDATE 1/11/15: Here’s the building all boarded up and awaiting demolition:

IMG_0868

IMG_0873

 

7/5/2015: Demolition

IMG_1874

IMG_1875

IMG_1870

IMG_1865